In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), students that are under the age of 13 must obtain 'email plus' parental approval in order to create a Garbanzo account.
Follow these steps for setting up the accounts for minors:
- Provide the class URL and class invitation code
- Have the student fill out the form with their information (name, birthday, parent email address, Username and Password)
- A confirmation email will be sent to the parent/guardian
- Parent/guardian must verify the minor's account through their parental email
- After a parent or guardian has verified the account by clicking the verification link in their email, the minor can visit www.garbanzo.io/signin to log in to their Garbanzo account!
For more information on COPPA Compliance, visit: